8-Bit Weapon

Video game music as full-length songs? Yes, it's a whole weird subculture.

Here are two examples from the group 8-Bit Weapon.

Posted By: Paul - Sun Feb 01, 2009
     Category: Games | Geeks, Nerds and Pointdexters | Music

Comments
Salamander Sam: thanks for the further info and URL!
Posted by Paul on 02/01/09 at 03:14 PM
The day 2-D died I lost all interest in video games.
Posted by AGFH on 02/01/09 at 04:07 PM
i thought i've seen you post about playing games agfh. maybe it was someone else. 😊
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/01/09 at 05:37 PM
The only games I play now are the ones on Pogo, Donkey Kong and Mario on my DS and the occasional Mah Jong. I don't mind some of the new racing games though. OH! I used to LOVE Monster Truck!!
The first person shooters, the RPGs, etc hold no interest for me at all.
Posted by AGFH on 02/01/09 at 06:36 PM
i just can't get into video games, now i do play bricks breaking sometimes. i also have scrabble for the pc and play against the computer at intermediate level. that's about it though.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/01/09 at 06:51 PM
strategy games, that doesn't suprise me df. you come off as a strategic kind of guy. 😊
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/01/09 at 09:48 PM
Patty, try Scrabble Blast some time. Quite entertaining. The rest of the time I'm shooting something but only FPS. (First Person Shooter)
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 02/02/09 at 04:14 AM
Scrabble Blast is cool as is Bookworm and Word Whomp.
Posted by AGFH on 02/02/09 at 06:11 AM
Bookworm is a fraud! It doesn't recognize the word 'wizened'! Needless to say, I lost faith in Bookworm that day.

I've been playing Fallout 3, in my diminishing spare time. I love that game. Carnally.
Posted by kingmonkey in Athens, Ontario on 02/02/09 at 08:38 AM
That is a drawback to those games. Some of their dictionaries tend to be a bit limited.
Posted by AGFH on 02/02/09 at 08:56 AM
thanks for the tip expat i'll have to try it. the way i love to play scrabble i'll probably love it.
i also like to play bookworm now and then agfh. but i burn the place down alot too.
fallout 3 i'll look for that too kingmonkey.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/02/09 at 05:24 PM
Chip Tunes & 8-Bit Pop are actually getting big now, with labels like 8bitpeoples & 8-Bit Collective, 8-bit software synths & sequencers, rising sales of old C-64s, Atari 2600s, GameBoys, & NESes, and music & video festivals like Blip Fest.
Posted by Freddie Freelance on 02/02/09 at 09:13 PM
I had forgotten how beautiful some of the older graphics could be with such limited resolution and colors. Awe inspiring to say the least.

And by the way, the armies of Chaos and Necrons rule!
Posted by DownCrisis on 02/02/09 at 10:29 PM
Kevin: That's awesome. How people come up with these things totally blows my mind.
Posted by AGFH on 02/03/09 at 04:45 AM