An Electrifying Performance

The audience, thinking it was all part of the McDowell County Line's act, cheered when Teasley — known professionally as John T — jumped from the stage and began writhing on the floor at the Blarney Stone bar in Huntington Beach. The crowd didn't know that a spilled beer had short-circuited an amplifier, sending hundreds of volts of electricity through his body.

The Carlisle Sentinel - Sep 28, 1983

Los Angeles Times - Sep 28, 1983

     Posted By: Alex - Thu Jan 26, 2023
     Category: Accidents | 1980s

Not one, but two expressions I've never heard of: "It put a hem in my dress," and "cuts a few didoes."
Posted by ges on 01/26/23 at 08:14 AM
It happens more often than one might think. A quick look about musicians that have died by being electrocuted turns up a long list, most having to do with Keith Relf, guitarist and vocalist with the Yardbirds. I did come across a piece about one doing a performance without shoes, which got me to thinking about how Ronnie Van Zant ended up dying in that plane and not on stage.
Posted by KDP on 01/26/23 at 07:42 PM
OK, I got "cuts a few didoes" now. A dido = a prank or practical joke.
It must be that after the post's title ("An Electrifying Performance"), I had some stray neuro-signals, so I read it first as "cuts a few diodes."
Posted by Virtual in Carnate on 01/27/23 at 06:27 AM
Virtual, I suspect some read it as "cuts a few dildos."
Posted by ges on 01/27/23 at 08:46 AM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.