HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

Comments Decorum

image

Friends and Fellow WU-vies:

I note that some comments are trending into personal vituperation. May I ask that all offenders tone down their remarks and respect our forum....?

Otherwise, the Righteous Hammer of Wrath will have to be employed.

Thanks!
Posted By: Paul | Date: Tue Aug 16, 2011 | Number of Comments: 9
Category: Weird Universe, Comments
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
I had to go to dictionary.com and lookup vituperation. It meant what I thought it did.

verbal abuse or castigation; violent denunciation or condemnation.

I figured if I was confused, might clarify for someone else. smirk
Posted by Mini Viking on 08/16/11 at 10:35 AM
I feel like I'm getting an English lesson today.
Posted by Mini Viking on 08/16/11 at 10:47 AM
And if the Righteous Hammer of Wrath isn't enough, the Grandmotherly Bar of Soap will be next!
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 08/16/11 at 11:53 AM
Sesquipedalians are all the same, Paul just can't help himself.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 08/16/11 at 11:57 AM
Congrats, Expat, I had to look sesquipedalian up. I understood the underlying meaning, but not what it means in English. Turns out, it's people who use 18" words. Or, at least, words that are a foot and a half long raspberry
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 08/16/11 at 07:04 PM
All these new words should make our cruciverbalists happy. cheese
Posted by yogi in Kennesaw GA on 08/16/11 at 07:08 PM
Excuse me, but I believe that what my esteemed friend Paul was saying is...PLAY NICE OR GET OUT OF THE SAND BOX.
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 08/16/11 at 10:19 PM
WU's commentary is excellent. One of the reasons I continually return. So, thanks to all the people leaving interesting replies in addition to the great posts.

On a side note, never let a kid you're responsible for play in a public sandbox. Just google the phrase "found in" sandbox and see what comes up. However, I'm totally cool with this metaphorical sandbox.
Posted by Pablo on 08/17/11 at 10:55 PM
I believe it would be a fire giant Miland.
Posted by Mini Viking on 08/18/11 at 10:53 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search