Egyptian Deities Cigarettes

imageimage

imageimage

image image

[Click on any image to enlarge]

After our look at Murad cigarettes, here's another brand of the period. I wonder how well they would sell in today's geopolitical climate? And isn't there something sacrilegious about naming your product after another religion's sacred gods?
Posted By: Paul - Sun Aug 25, 2013
Category: Art, Business, Advertising, Products, Tobacco and Smoking, 1920s, Middle East

Comments
WWJS= What Would Jesus Smoke?
"HOLY SMOKES!" LOL cool smile
Posted by Tyrusguy on 08/25/13 at 12:18 PM
> And isn't there something sacrilegious about naming your product after another religion's sacred gods?

Your political correctness has run amok. The old Egyptian gods are dead. They have no more followers -- the Muslims made very sure of that.

The old Egyptian pantheon is nobody's deities. Just like the old Greek pantheon. It's therefore fair game to use them, just as Zeus and Venus are used in countless product names.
Posted by SysKoll on 08/25/13 at 01:47 PM
What?!? I thought the whole internet worshipped Bast the Cat Goddess!
Posted by Paul on 08/25/13 at 04:14 PM
NO no no Paul, it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster! wink
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 08/25/13 at 07:36 PM
The artwork is just beautiful. I'd like a few of those to hang on the wall.

As for deities, I prefer the Great Old Ones, like Cthulhu.
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 08/26/13 at 11:34 AM
Someone tell me why the Brits still call them fags ?
It's not something I'd want in my mouth.

P.S. They also say things like "I'll knock you up in the morning".
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 08/26/13 at 02:21 PM