Fish Urine Research

Jake Allgeier studies fish urine. I guess someone has to. He says that there's a lot more of it than you would think, and it's a lot more important for marine environments than people realize. From redandblack.com:

"A funny comparison is if you take the biggest ungulate herd — so that would be bison, antelope, deer and elk — in Yellow Stone National Park, per meter squared — so per unit area — the fish on one of the reefs that I look at...they actually pee more than three times more [than that herd]," he said. Fish urine even dwarfs fertilizer-heavy golf course runoff — per meter squared — in nutrient content.
Posted By: Alex - Thu Feb 07, 2013
Category: Science, Fish, Body Fluids

Comments
W.C. Fields was RIGHT!
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 02/07/13 at 09:03 AM
I thought W. C. used the F~!@ word. I did find a PC site where I do believe they have cleaned up the quotes, a whole lot.
Posted by BMN on 02/07/13 at 11:06 AM
A non-PC site.
Posted by BMN on 02/07/13 at 11:20 AM
I don't know what you're talking about BMN, my PC works on both sites.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 02/07/13 at 11:28 AM
This is one more reason I no longer want to swim in an ocean or lake.
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 02/07/13 at 12:07 PM
KDP, in a pool you are swimming in people urine honey.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/07/13 at 07:55 PM
Then I'll just stick to my bathtub. Hard to do any kind of backstroke, though.
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 02/08/13 at 11:41 AM