10 Ways to Get a Mink Coat

image
image

Original article here.
Posted By: Paul - Sun Aug 09, 2015
Category: Fashion, 1950s, Men, Women

Comments
Furs are a status symbol, or rather they were, not so much anymore.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 08/09/15 at 08:28 AM
IIRC, mink will kill their pups (that's 'baby mink' for the illiterate) if they're startled so raising them in captivity may not be the easiest thing to do.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 08/09/15 at 10:00 AM
An old joke.
``` How does a woman get a mink coat?

The same way the mink got it!
Posted by BMN on 08/09/15 at 12:34 PM
So, it was common in the middle of the 20th Century for national magazines to condone blackmail and murder in order for women to get dead animal pelts to wear? And said animal pelts were a status symbol, not a requirement for surviving cold winters?

No matter how long I live here I will never understand your planet.
Posted by puptentacle in United States on 08/09/15 at 02:04 PM
In "Christmas in Connecticut" (1945), Barbara Stanwyck's character buys herself a mink coat, saying every woman needs one. S.Z. Sakall (Cuddles) says "Nobody needs a mink coat but the mink. "
Posted by Phideaux in his own little world on 08/10/15 at 04:59 AM
Got close to a mink coat when I was a kid. It was the softest thing I had ever felt in my life up to that point. I could understand why someone would want one. Today, not so much.
Posted by Gary Foster in Near Oz, KS on 08/10/15 at 09:58 AM
My wife was tested for allergies some time back. She's allergic to mink oil. smile Jewelry - not so much. :(
Posted by tadchem in in transition on 08/14/15 at 01:24 PM