HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

I Love Tofu

What do you think this license plate says? If you think it says, "I love Tofu" then you think like vegan Kelly Coffman-Lee who tried to order it for her car.

If you think it says, "I love to F.U." then you think like the Division of Motor Vehicles, which denied Coffman-Lee's request. [msnbc.com]
Posted By: Alex | Date: Sat Apr 11, 2009 | Number of Comments: 19
Category: Government, Regulations
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
hey the two messages aren't mutually exclusive! LOL in today's world we are forced to cater to the lowest common denominator in every situation. common sense is not all that common.
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/11/09 at 06:34 PM
hey brent, how are you sweetie? i don't disagee with you but that is what they are doing. the dmv won't issue wtf either now that it is commonly known as 'wtf'. i have a feeling that if your name was richard that you couldn't get 'dick' either, but i don't know for sure. upon looking at your link, i wonder if it just hasn't been challenged yet. that may be coming one of these days. so far no one has valued a licence plate message sufficiently to go to the trouble and expense. smile
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/11/09 at 08:09 PM
I am almost ashamed to admit that I read it as "I love to F U". I don't know anyone that eats tofu or even pretends to like it so it's not the first thing that comes to mind.
Posted by Nethie on 04/11/09 at 08:45 PM
it's no wonder that would come to mind nethie. more people f*ck than eat tofu i'm sure! LOL
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/11/09 at 09:27 PM
I saw this the other day and "TOFU" didn't come to mind until I read the article. Of cours, I'm Navy trained so that may have something to do with it.

Psst, what the @#$#$@ is tofu anyhow?
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/11/09 at 11:49 PM
It coulda been I live to FU...
Posted by jswolf19 in Japan on 04/12/09 at 03:31 AM
a new and yet still dirty interpretation, very good jswolf! wink
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/12/09 at 05:13 AM
MohawkWarrior you're attempting to proscribe common sense to a batch of low level bureaucrats? Won't happen. Can't happen.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/12/09 at 07:39 AM
Can I get a plate with I.Y.R.L.M.L.M.H.Y.P.H.T.F?
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/12/09 at 07:41 AM
again i say- WHAT?
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/12/09 at 08:14 AM
Way back in the day of snail mail messages were written along the sealed edge of the flap on the back of the envelope. S.W.A.K. was made more popular in 1962 by the song Sealed With a Kiss.

While aboard ship we had more time on our hands and came up with I.Y.R.L.M.L.M.H.Y.P.H.T.F. If You Really Love Me Let Me Hear Your Panties Hit The Floor. Romantic, right?
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/12/09 at 09:46 AM
expat,
now s.w.a.k. i'm familiar with but the other one not so much. i like it though! i.y.r.l.m.l.m.h.y.B.h.t.f. works if i were to use it.(briefs/boxers)
s.w.a.k. kiss
patty

wink
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/12/09 at 09:54 AM
@Expat - LOL!!!

Unfortunately personalized plates can only be up to 8 characters long (depending on the state)...maybe we can edit it? That's the thing with the DMV rules, if you come up with your own thing that no one knows, and it could be the dirtiest acronym in the world, you will get it because they don't have a clue as to what it means. (just like Patty's reply!). And, quite frankly, if you put your mind to it you could have the letters mean pretty much whatever you wanted.

I think it is more a reflection on where their minds are...
Posted by vegas_girl in Vegas Baby!! on 04/12/09 at 12:16 PM
Brent, we raise the meat specifically for us to eat. Whether you eat it or not, it will still be killed for meat. But if you don't want it that's fine....I'll take it and slap it on the grill.
Posted by Madd Maxx on 04/12/09 at 09:41 PM
Brent, It's probably the same reason that some think gay marriage is an attack on marriage. Tofu's existence attacks the need for meat. It really freaks them out when they find out there are people who enjoy both ^_^

While some tofu requires flavoring to be appetizing (just like some meat, I might add), some does stand on its own. But I wouldn't give up meat because of that.
Posted by jswolf19 in Japan on 04/12/09 at 10:00 PM
i have a need for meat. i'm also a carnivore. LOL (well actually an omnivore)
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/12/09 at 10:06 PM
oh sam, where we start rarely has much if anything to do with where we end up on most of these threads. smile
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/13/09 at 06:14 AM
it's the f-state the old people won't get it and it's not in spanish so they probably figured it wouldn't matter.
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/13/09 at 02:23 PM
that's okay sweetie. obviously you don't eat tofu and you don't have the dirty mind the rest of us pervs do! tongue wink
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/13/09 at 03:29 PM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search