HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

Let Your Greek Flag Fly

image

image

I believe we should all adopt this style of clothing to show solidarity with the economically troubled Greeks.

Original article here.
Posted By: Paul | Date: Fri Nov 16, 2012 | Number of Comments: 12
Category: Fashion, 1970's, Europe
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
IIRC, black and white are the Greek colors for mourning.
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 11/16/12 at 10:21 AM
Some of the fashions remind me of a Peter Max illustration, especially the girl with the super wide white pants (slacks?).
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 11/16/12 at 10:43 AM
@Paul: I've got a better idea: take the money you'd spend on this crap and send it to me then I'll redistribute it.

@Scottie: Nope, just black. Ustawuz when a husband died the wife took to the black for the rest of her life. Some daughters got caught up in this but most snapped out of it after a few years. Now-a-days the crowd applauds when the casket bearing some socialite, politician, or actor passes by. The politicians I can understand but what's up with the rest?

Y'all: I don't think I ever saw any of these "fashions" anywhere except in some old movie, maybe.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/16/12 at 11:52 AM
We have many things to thanks the Greeks for but not this.

Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 11/16/12 at 01:09 PM
All the ancient Greek articfacts I have seen pictured showed the Greeks as totally nude (athletes, warriors, etc) or wearing something akin to an extra large bath towel. The men seemed to prefer miniskirts.
Posted by tadchem on 11/16/12 at 02:08 PM
I hope my past comment was taken meaning the clothing and this post. Love them orgies Expat. It just kinda bothers you when you get up against some other guys junk by accident. The La Plaz club in Indianapolis was great fun for us ... I wonder if they still exist.
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 11/16/12 at 02:30 PM
@BD I'm surprised that you would violate article 5 of the Bro Code which clearly states: NO eye contact (let alone crossed swords) during the Devil's three-way (two dudes)! cool mad
Posted by Tyrusguy on 11/16/12 at 06:00 PM
@Tyrusguy ... what happened is all all about finding the "holy girl" instead of the grail red face big surprise
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 11/16/12 at 06:12 PM
'crossed swords' LOL LOL LOL
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 11/16/12 at 08:41 PM
@TadChem: The Greek word for naked is Gymnos (ΓΥΜΝΟΣ), gymnasium is, then Gymnasio (ΓΥΜΝΑΣΙΟ). While they did do sports nude they fought in armor. The "skirts" (foustanella) you refer to were worn much for the same reason the Scots wore kilts. To free up the legs while traversing rocky, mountainous terrain.

@BD: If you're going to orgy then you can't be picky about which sword or sheath you're using.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/16/12 at 11:48 PM
The German word for High School is das Gymnasium.cool smile Apparently, I grew up in the wrong country.confused
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 11/17/12 at 08:58 AM
Sorry! mixed up the bro code articles. The article I meant to site was ARTICLE 34. red face
@Patty glad you got a laugh outta that!
Posted by Tyrusguy on 11/17/12 at 11:41 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search