HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

Mercedes Benz Commercials

Maybe it's just me, but I find these commercials remarkably creepy, inauthentic, unappealing, ineffective and misguided, given my perceptions anyhow of who buys a Mercedes.

What do you all think?
Posted By: Paul | Date: Sat Dec 08, 2012 | Number of Comments: 8
Category: Business, Advertising, Humor, Stereotypes and Cliches, Europe, Cars
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
The first one was a bit ducked up.
The second one was a creature feature.
Number three reaped some giggles.
The final one reminded me of driving down town.

A friend of mine told me of two brothers who bought matching Mercedes years ago. One spent thousands of Euros on all the scheduled maintenance over the decade he had the car. The other usually had enough oil in his to keep it from seizing up. When they went to buy new cars they both got the same trade in deal. Go figure.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 12/08/12 at 11:24 AM
The first one was offensive.
The second one was foolish.
The third one was funny.
The fourth one was hilarious.
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 12/08/12 at 11:43 AM
Each of the ads shown except the first had a tag that mentioned some new safety feature, beats the hell out of just saying ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!! and calling it a day! LOL
That said, I do agree with Paul's unstated underlying premise,
Mercedes ads used to be ALOT BETTER!! cool smile
Posted by Tyrusguy on 12/08/12 at 11:56 AM
Disturbing and creepy. But not in a good way.
Posted by Harvey on 12/08/12 at 03:32 PM
Paul is in need of a rendezvous in the back of a Mercedes with a "well muscled" German lady on one of his trips. wink
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 12/08/12 at 04:00 PM
How's about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6deNaTPDFDU Walnut, anyone?
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 12/09/12 at 10:43 AM
What TCS said. (And the minute I saw the walnut reference, I knew which commercial he meant.)
Posted by Frank in United States on 12/09/12 at 05:45 PM
Hahaa I love these!

Mercedes are notoriously bad at marketing of any kind. Have you heard/seen the new song they released??

It makes me a bit sick in my mouth.
Posted by Hayley in UK on 08/21/13 at 10:55 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search