Name That List, #18

What is this a list of? The answer is below in extended.
  • Six pop bottles, three of them broken
  • 38 rocks, some as big as baseballs
  • Several marbles
  • A 30-30 caliber rifle shell
  • A china elephant

______________________________________
Answer:

They're the items that were removed from the stomach of Cleopatra the Crocodile following surgery on January 19, 1950 at the Cincinnati Zoo. [Toledo Blade]

The zoo staff decided she needed an operation after she swallowed some bottles and then lost her appetite. It was the first time major surgery had been performed on a full-grown crocodile.

Above: Cleopatra during surgery

Below: bandaged up afterwards
Posted By: Alex - Thu Jan 17, 2013
Category: Name That List

Comments
Or, things in a 9 year old boys pocket.
Posted by Todd on 01/17/13 at 09:26 AM
I was going to make some political crack about how lucky Cleo was that ObamaCare hadn't kicked in yet but, then, I thought better of it. http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/angel/smileys-angel-791364.gif
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 01/17/13 at 09:45 AM
I was thinking things found in a prison cavity search.
Posted by TheCannyScot in Atlanta, GA on 01/17/13 at 10:15 AM
At least Cleo kept her enclosure clean! BTW how did She get all that stuff?! cool hmm
Posted by Tyrusguy on 01/17/13 at 10:36 AM
I honestly expected it to be a list of things thrown at an outfielder from an opposing team in some ballpark. I probably should have realized it wasn't when 14 cups of beer were not on the list.
Posted by Fugacity on 01/17/13 at 02:20 PM
@Fugacity

God, I thought the exact same thing.
Posted by George on 01/17/13 at 03:15 PM
Wow, I was pretty close -- I said an alligator's gut.
Posted by Frank in United States on 01/17/13 at 04:39 PM
My vote was with a cavity search.

Too bad they didn't do a follow-up on the story. I would imagine veterinary surgeons to have been even cruder than their medical counterparts.
Posted by Harvey on 01/17/13 at 09:19 PM
Why does no oner have on gloves.
Posted by Thsisrediculus on 01/17/13 at 11:55 PM
That sounds like the last haul I got from Trick-or-Treating when I was about 12. (Tough neighborhood.)
Posted by tadchem on 01/18/13 at 07:05 AM
I couldn't even think of a decent guess. Sounds like Cleo had Pica.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/18/13 at 08:56 AM