Swallowed a turtle

May 1968: two-year-old Brad Haines somehow managed to swallow a turtle, apparently because it belonged to his sister, whom he was mad at. But then the turtle remained alive in his stomach for quite a while, which worried doctors. Thankfully it did eventually die, and Brad then managed to get rid of it the natural way. So no surgery was required.

Opelousas Daily World - May 30, 1968



Stevens Point Journal - June 4, 1968


     Posted By: Alex - Wed May 09, 2018
     Category: Animals | Food | 1960s





Comments
That must have been a memorable dump...
Posted by Brian in Denial on 05/09/18 at 09:36 AM
Did he give it back to his sister after he was finished with it?
Posted by Virtual in Carnate on 05/09/18 at 10:13 AM
No birthday presents for him for the next ten years!
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 05/09/18 at 10:36 AM
I wonder if Judy Blume saw this article. A preschooler eating a pet turtle is part of the plot of "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing".
Posted by Ross in http://www.trenchcoatsoft.com on 05/09/18 at 10:57 AM









Rules for posting: 1) No spam. 2) Don't be a jerk.