Veggieducken

image
Just to keep the vegans from feeling left out when us meat eaters are having turducken.
Posted By: patty - Thu Nov 22, 2012
Category: Vegetarians and Vegans

Comments
Grrrrrr...

Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 11/22/12 at 09:05 PM
Clever idea for the vegans!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 11/22/12 at 09:05 PM
I like my veggies and ruminate over fresh greens but I'll pass on this one.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/22/12 at 09:22 PM
I love vegetarians.
Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.
They are also fat and have short life spans.
Posted by tadchem on 11/23/12 at 05:14 AM
Cool idea. As a vegetarian myself, I can point out one flaw....there is no protein in this contraption. Leeks and carrots and squash are lovely, but the centerpiece of a vegetarian meal would be something like rice and beans, or tofu, etc.

I don't feel the need to eat "fake meat". And to the people who eat meat, I say "Cool. I respect that. Don't laugh at my hippie food and I won't talk about where your food came from (factory farms etc).

Rock on WU!
smile
Posted by girlgeniusNYC in los angeles on 11/23/12 at 10:52 AM
Come clean, GG, you'd not lunch out on a deep fried nauga? wink
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/23/12 at 11:45 AM
If I had to face down a veggieducken, Any day, I think I might die from the Chicken Cordon Blues! cool smile
Posted by Tyrusguy on 11/23/12 at 01:55 PM
Expat, not sure what a nauga is.
My hippie food is just fine with me.
And I understand that some people love to eat meat.
smile
Posted by girlgeniusNYC in los angeles on 11/24/12 at 08:22 PM
Naugahyde, fake leather. It was a joke honey.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 11/24/12 at 10:18 PM
Sorry GG. I thought most everyone knew what a "nauga" was. red face

This vinyl and cloth "fake leather" popped up in the 50s or 60s and was branded as "Naugahyde" which, of course, had to come from a "naugabeast". Your reference to "fake meat" rang a bell and brought on a bout of funny.

Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/24/12 at 10:52 PM
....and here I have proven vegetarians have no sense of humor.
Ha ha ha ha
Thanks Patty, thanks Expat!
smile
Posted by girlgeniusNYC in los angeles on 11/25/12 at 09:44 AM
Well, we knew that going in but, you're welcome anyhow. wink
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 11/25/12 at 10:19 AM