The history of weird nude calendars

A recent two-part article over at About.com: the history of weird nude calendars, part 1 and part 2.

I divide the history into everything before the 1999 Women's Institute Calendar (that became the subject of the Calendar Girls film), and everything after it.

Posted By: Alex - Thu Jan 21, 2016
Category: History

Comments
Still waiting to order the WU calendar.
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 01/21/16 at 11:59 AM
>>the WU calendar
If you can convince Paul and Chuck to do it, I'd be willing. Then we'd just need 9 other volunteers.
Posted by Alex on 01/21/16 at 12:46 PM
How many calendars of this type are in your collection?

I think I could be persuaded to volunteer for a WU calendar. As for covering any naughty bits, a staple would suffice
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 01/21/16 at 02:01 PM
Paul, Alex, Chuck, BD, Tyrusguy, Expat, Phideaux, Gator Guy, BMN, F.U.D., Mr. KDP,& Captain DaFt

THE MEN OF WU! I WANT IT!!!!!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/21/16 at 09:00 PM
I'm envisioning a tribe of cannibals doing calendars/illustrations of William Burroughs' book, Naked Lunch.
Posted by Phred22 on 01/21/16 at 09:01 PM
@Patty -- Be careful what you wish for. I've been mistaken for Jack Elam, and that was on a good day!
Posted by Phideaux in his own little world on 01/21/16 at 09:49 PM
@Patty -- I think I'm looking more like Jack Elam every day.
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 01/22/16 at 08:10 AM
Aww adorable!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/22/16 at 08:23 AM
I would be banned from life if I was even seen partly naked. I did not age well.
Posted by Gator Guy in The Naked Swamp on 01/22/16 at 06:42 PM
I never said naked, but if ya'll are feeling froggy!! surprised
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/22/16 at 07:14 PM
@Patty
Well, I'm game if I get dibs on October.
My physiognomy is best suited to a Halloween theme. smile
Posted by Captain DaFt on 01/22/16 at 08:20 PM
Its yours baby! I refuse to believe all you smart, funny guys are not good looking too. wink
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/22/16 at 08:42 PM
Ja but: we need the "Fem" calendar also.
Posted by BMN on 01/22/16 at 10:05 PM