Your Daily Loser & Jury Duty for May 30th

Your Daily Loser(s) - I normally use this space to highlight the stupid actions of regular folks who are caught breaking the law in some way. Today, however, the honor of being a Daily Loser goes to a few police officers, in Baltimore, Maryland. You see, Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Virginia, went to watch the big game between the Orioles and Kansas City in Camden Yards. But they had never been to Camden Yards before, so... they got lost. Read the story to find out how the police reacted when Joshua and Llara tried to ask for directions.

Jury Duty - There is a long history of people taking the law into their own hands in order to mete out justice. Jerome Ersland of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is now firmly established in that history. Ersland has been charged with first-degree murder for killing a teenager who tried to rob his Pharmacy. The Story.
     Posted By: Nethie - Sat May 30, 2009
     Category: Cops | Crime | Your Daily Jury Duty | Your Daily Loser | Goofs and Screw-ups

Comments
I just can't get over the uncanny resemblance between Ersland and Droopy Dog. :lol:
Posted by Nethie on 05/30/09 at 09:50 PM
Geez, What is it about East Coast Cops and directions? I can remember about six years ago I drove back from Maine to Indiana non-stop and took a wrong turn in Jersey after I left NYC. I came to a stop sign, and on the left was a 'do not enter' with a pair of cops sitting there. Dead intersection, no traffic, no pedestrians, I asked if they could tell me how to get to I-95 South, and they stared at me for five minutes. I was afraid to take off, thinking they would pull me over if I left without an answer, but they just stared at me for five minutes, and I'm thinking that they're thinking "WTF? It's not our job to serve anyone, especially out-of-towners." They finally pointed me in the general direction. Who the hell are we supposed to ask when we're in a strange neighborhood? The crack dealers or serial rapists?

I hope the first cop is fired, shamed and walks away with nothing but a black mark. The second cop needs to be disciplined as well (more info is needed on exactly what that one did), as they should not have allowed an officer to run amok and have an attitude (probably confiscated some coke or meth earlier and had a behavioral problem) without stepping in and questioning what was going on, and if there was nothing going on, put a stop to the first cop's actions.
Posted by qualityleashdog on 05/30/09 at 10:45 PM
DAMN...I didn't see the 2006 dateline. Yeah, this is supposed to simulate NEWS of the Weird.
Posted by qualityleashdog on 05/30/09 at 10:48 PM
So, anyone care to do some research and post here in the comments the outcome of the whole mess?
Posted by qualityleashdog on 05/30/09 at 10:49 PM
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I don't care how old an article is. If it hasn't been posted here before, I consider it fair game. 😊 But you guys just gave me an idea...

As for the Ersland article, I didn't select that one because I agreed with the author or anything of the sort. It was simply the first one that came up on Google that had more to it than just a paragraph stating the guy had been charged.
Posted by Nethie on 05/31/09 at 05:26 AM
ersland had every right to defend himself. how often is someone shot in the head and gut and the gut shot is the fatal one? not often to answer my own question. which makes me wonder about the political reasons for that decision. if the gut shots killed him then they can charge him with killing the thug because said thug was down when gut shot. but, if the head shot is the fatal one, and it still could be even if he was gut shot after, then the charges change dramatically. then they can only charge him with assult or if the kid was dead then abuse of a corpse. should the pharmacist have fired more shots into an unconcious thug, no. should he be charge with murder, also no. he freaked out and if the kid wasn't in the commission of a crime he wouldn't have been in jepardy in the first place. if this man goes down for murder the criminal element will sleep safer knowing they can rob with impunity because law abiding citizens are afraid to go to jail for defending themselves. the city wants to hang him out to dry to avoid riots and political aspertions, maybe law abiding citizens and buisness owners should band together and politically annilate all officials in favor of this action.

the cops- i don't care how old the story is that cop should see her name in print for being an umitigated ass periodically for...ever i guess. i hope she did lose her job. the only reason this story isn't more widely remembered is because the couple obviously aren't sue crazy. shame on those cops!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 05/31/09 at 10:28 AM
there was a gun pointed at this guy and his employees. employees are concidered property in australia? who knew?
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 05/31/09 at 07:27 PM
thanks for all the research webnutmark. murph that is a brilliant thought my friend!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 06/01/09 at 09:02 PM