HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

Zulu Blowgun Free

image

Oh, just imagine the glorious lawsuit possibilities if this toy were offered today!

Original ad here.
Posted By: Paul | Date: Tue Jan 15, 2013 | Number of Comments: 7
Category: Death, Stereotypes and Cliches, Toys, Lawsuits, 1920's, Africa
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
They are still offered, although I don't think they're "replicas" of any tribe's. Both my boys got them for Christmas this year. Aluminum tube, 8 darts (4" long each), 4 "targets" (zombie faces), etc. My friend who bought them said they had to 18 to buy them. I thought they were the best gift ever!
Posted by Vern in KY on 01/15/13 at 10:43 AM
More fun than Lawn Dart Duelling!
Posted by tadchem on 01/15/13 at 11:34 AM
Here, kitty, kitty.

Pffft!
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 01/15/13 at 12:22 PM
@KDP: We had a cat named Target for a little while.

@Paul: I don't think ad would be allowed today. They'd need empirical proof that the Zulu's used blow guns, a fully notarized waver from the Zulu council of Africa allowing them to use the word "Zulu", and the Mothers Against Toy Weapons seal of approval! The 1st two would be difficult but the last one would never happen.

Oh... did I mention the three page disclaimer to follow the ad?
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 01/15/13 at 12:36 PM
And to add to Expat's thought provoking post above...blowguns and/or the darts for them are illegal to own or posses in sunny California
Posted by steve-e on 01/15/13 at 02:16 PM
I'll bet the Zulus were one of the few indigenous groupings who didn't use blowguns. Probably the only reason these weapons were advertized as Zulu blowguns is because of the exotic ring to the name.

Anyway, it is also a good bet that many of those blowguns got turned on targets of convenience, like annoying neighbours.
Posted by Harvey on 01/15/13 at 08:00 PM
All I have to say is, "You'll shoot your buddy's eye out!"
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 01/15/13 at 08:53 PM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search