The King of Kong

I missed this film a couple of years ago when it opened. The trailer below makes it look well worth a rental, as does this review.

Surely there's not a lot of things weirder than obsessive videogame world-record competitions...

Posted By: Paul - Thu Jan 29, 2009
     Category: Contests, Races and Other Competitions | Eccentrics | Games | Geeks, Nerds and Pointdexters | Documentaries | 1980s

Comments
Donkey Kong was for whooses! Qix ruled!
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 01/29/09 at 11:13 AM
This looks like a great "It's Sunday morning and I have nothing to do" movie.
I would watch it.
Posted by AGFH on 01/29/09 at 12:08 PM
o...I never thought about them. I watch that now and then at night.
Posted by AGFH on 01/29/09 at 12:20 PM
I'd rather play video games on Sunday mornings when there's nothing to do than watch a movie about people playing them. That of course only if I'm not trying to recover from Saturday night.
Posted by Jules in Connecticut on 01/29/09 at 12:20 PM
Tommy can you hear me
Posted by Jules in Connecticut on 01/29/09 at 12:29 PM
Jules, pinball was my game of choice as a kid, until Dad came home with a pong video game console. Pong and squash!!!
Posted by Madd Maxx on 01/29/09 at 12:33 PM
"Sort of like the abortion issue"?
Posted by kingmonkey in Athens, Ontario on 01/29/09 at 12:40 PM
Pinball, 5cents a play and play all day on 5cents if you were good enough!
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 01/29/09 at 01:00 PM
What truth? That a plumber could beat a gorilla?
Posted by Madd Maxx on 01/29/09 at 01:29 PM
funny kelby but i got the whole douchebag vibe from the trailer. in fact i'd say self involved douchebag being as he compaired gaming contraversies to arguments about the abortion issue. i couldn't see me watching this movie if i was paid too.
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/29/09 at 03:28 PM
definitely df, anybody delusional enough to have the ego of a pro sports player because he's good at video games is a little off. appearently he doesn't have to try, he's already a big looser. i'm not greatly interested in video games but i used to play, of all things, the first tiger woods golf game for ps2. i was actually pretty good at it but i haven't played it for years. i'm kind of facinated with my niece's ps3 band game that has the mic to sing along. i was in choir all through high school and love to sing.(though i'm mediocre at best) 😊
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 01/31/09 at 10:24 PM