Brain Surgery in Awake Patient

Posted By: Paul - Sat Feb 28, 2009
     Category: Surgery | Brain

Comments
Paul, wasn't there a similar video several months of a guy playing banjo during his brain surgery? I may have seen it on WU but I'm not so sure.
Posted by Madd Maxx on 02/28/09 at 01:00 PM
It was on WU, posted by Chuck.

Posted by Madd Maxx on 02/28/09 at 01:03 PM
Drat that Chuck! He always gets the best stuff first!

Just because this post overlaps an older WU post, I'm going to put up a second Saturday one right now!
Posted by Paul on 02/28/09 at 01:07 PM
Don't worry Paul, we realize it's the thought that counts. 😊
Posted by Madd Maxx on 02/28/09 at 01:44 PM
it seems gruesome, but there are no nerves on the surface of the brain and as dumbounded said it enables the surgeon to know what effect the procedure is having immediately. paul it's okay, you can't always be first!
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 02/28/09 at 09:19 PM
McDreamy does this weekly!
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 03/01/09 at 10:23 AM
Nice teeth.
Posted by DownCrisis on 03/01/09 at 12:15 PM
appearently he has medical insurance but no dental dowcrisis. :cheese:
expat you think he dreamy? new info sweetie, i didn't know that about you! 🐛
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 03/01/09 at 12:26 PM
Patty, Dr. McDreamy is the nick name for Dr. Shepherd (played by Patrick Dempsey) on Grey's Anatomy.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 03/01/09 at 01:11 PM
i know that expat, but usually those that call him that think he is dreamy. besides i was just ribbin' ya! 😉
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 03/01/09 at 06:32 PM
Be that as it may Patty, we HE-MAN types gotta avoid even the appearance of poofiness. So there! 💋
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 03/02/09 at 10:57 AM
I've had brain surgery. It's not the fiddling in the brain that would bother me. It's the cutting through flesh, muscle, and SKULL that would freak me out. I never had any urge to see them staple my skully shut either. Blech! There are anesthetics for a reason!!
Posted by BikerPuppy on 03/02/09 at 12:38 PM
no poofs here expat you are my he-man! 💋
bikerpuppy that's what i said about childbirth too! :lol:
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 03/02/09 at 01:02 PM
no silly! i was refering to 'There are anesthetics for a reason!! 'quote. in the discussion about natural childbirth i expressed the same opinion. i ended up with 2 c-sections with a saddle block for my son's birth and an epidural for my daughter's birth. so i got cut but not my skull. (besides why would anybody want to tour an empty space anyway 😊 )
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 03/03/09 at 07:26 AM