Misunderstood Probability

I'm guessing the 50/50 chance didn't go in his favor.

Marion Star - Dec 28, 1995

Posted By: Alex - Fri Sep 01, 2017
Category: Surgery, 1990s

Comments
Of course if you are dead, there is a 100% chance you will be impotent.
Posted by BMN on 09/01/17 at 03:03 PM
You can't cure stupid.

An instructor in a politics course once pointed that when a candidate gets 45% of the popular vote among three candidates and crows about what an overwhelming victory that is, remember that 55% didn't cast their ballot for them.
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 09/01/17 at 04:35 PM
BMN: Believe it or not, that turns out to be not true. When a friend of mine went thru dental school, the cadaver supplied to her group came to them with an erection! They nicknamed him "Dead Ernest."
Posted by Virtual in Carnate on 09/01/17 at 07:49 PM
I am curious as to why a dental school would need a cadaver and what do I not know about dentistry where I might end up naked if I have a tooth filled?
Posted by BMN on 09/01/17 at 11:21 PM
They had to study gross anatomy – to have knowledge of stuff outside the mouth, I guess. Also, maybe it was to demonstrate how a patient should not look at the end of his visit?
Posted by Virtual in Carnate on 09/03/17 at 11:53 AM
BMN, I once needed to borrow a model of a skull. I posted a request and ended up borrowing one from a podiatrist. As ViC said, all kinds of doctors need to study gross anatomy even if they're going to specialize in a small part of the body.
Posted by ges on 09/03/17 at 10:19 PM
@ges -- I can see why you wanted to borrow a model rather than buy a real one: a quick check shows good ones go for $1,200 to $2,000! http://www.skullsunlimited.com/record_family.php?id=227
Posted by Phideaux in in his own little world on 09/04/17 at 12:01 AM