Hippo Sweat Sunscreen

Would you slather yourself in hippo sweat to avoid sunburn? Even if you replied yes, perhaps you'd prefer that the unguent came in a tube, rather than straight off the back of a hippo.

Posted By: Paul - Fri Apr 03, 2009
     Category: Animals | Science | Body Fluids | Natural Wonders

Comments
So? You sneak up on the hippo, then rub yourself all over it before running away. Come on, Wenthral, show some creativity!
Posted by kingmonkey in Athens, Ontario on 04/03/09 at 11:17 AM
Aren't most men? I know I am. But like most bodybuilders I only secrete baby oil and bronzer.
Posted by Pablo on 04/03/09 at 11:18 AM
One word: Coppertone!
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/03/09 at 11:40 AM
Ya know, I just have to say that if an elephant charged at me for any reason - like, because I was trying to setup a hippo decoy - I wouldn't be sticking around. Probably explains why I work behind a desk instead of for the Nat Geo channel...sigh... :long:
Posted by vegas_girl in Vegas Baby!! on 04/03/09 at 01:55 PM
So it's this guy's actual job to hide in a hippo decoy for hours on end and wait to be mauled..eaten..trampled..and this is his chosen profession? He must get paid big bucks. Those hippos don't look all that friendly!
Posted by Skitt in SW USA on 04/03/09 at 02:49 PM
When I was in grade school and we had career day, we certainly didn't have anyone come in to talk about being a "Hippo Decoy." We just mostly got doctors, accountants and sales guys. Oh, and one dentist.
Posted by vegas_girl in Vegas Baby!! on 04/03/09 at 03:26 PM
"now watch as jim approches the hippoes. boy the animals look a little agitated. go right on up jim and get us some sweat. oh look at jim out running the hippoes, i sure hope he can keep that up."
does anybody remember the old sunday nature show, wild kingdom.
it always started 'mutual of omaha presents wild kingdom'. one guy was in the studio and one was in the field. the guy in the field was jim and he would go up to animals and the other guy would sat'now watch as jim...' whatever it was that week. :lol:
Posted by Patty in Ohio, USA on 04/03/09 at 06:53 PM
Thank you, Patty, for saving me from an extreemly embarrising situation where I'd have had to point out the obvious about one of our own.
Posted by Expat47 in Athens, Greece on 04/04/09 at 05:20 AM