Disco Star Wars

After Meco Monardo created a hit disco version of the Star Wars soundtrack in 1977, the next album he planned was Meco's Time Machine. He explained, "We'll visit eight different time periods of Earth's history and observe events. Those events will be translated into music. We'll start before the dawn of man, in prehistoric times, and we'll end in New York in 1980."

But it doesn't seem like that album ever came out. Instead, Meco spent his entire career producing disco versions of movie soundtracks, including Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Star Trek, and An American Werewolf in London.

And don't miss his Ewok Celebration single, featuring a rapping Ewok.

Plenty more of his stuff on YouTube, if you're interested.

Starlog Magazine - Jan 1978

Posted By: Alex - Tue Feb 13, 2018
Category: Movies, Music, Space-age Bachelor Pad & Exotic, 1970s

Comments
And "Christmas in the Stars," featuring "What Do You Get a Wookiee For Christmas When He Already Has a Comb?"
Posted by Bill the Splut on 02/13/18 at 10:45 AM
No, thanks. I'm an original headbanger and I would nearly vomit every time I heard a tune with that stupid 125 beats per minute start up on the radio. I couldn't change the station fast enough. shut eye
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 02/13/18 at 10:59 AM
Modern pop songs are on a death spiral of their own.
Posted by BMN on 02/13/18 at 10:09 PM
If you were around during that time, you know that that was being played at least once an hour on every radio station, along with the “Close Encounters” version. And they wonder why disco died...
Posted by Brian in Denial on 02/13/18 at 11:26 PM
I watched the commentary, Brian. He makes a valid point that pop music is becoming more and more homogeneous and will eventually fade and morph into something else that old guys like us will hate even more.
Posted by KDP in Madill. OK on 02/14/18 at 07:55 PM
That remark was actually for BMN. Sorry all, it's late and I'm working on setting up a home network in anticipation of our company closing the office building and sending us home to work from there. My dream job has finally come.
Posted by KDP in Madill. OK on 02/14/18 at 08:01 PM
I prefer Flash! Ahhh!
Posted by Richard Bos in The Netherlands on 02/17/18 at 03:28 AM

Rules for posting: 1) No spam. 2) Don't be a jerk.