HOME   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   PINTEREST   |   TWITTER   |   RSS

Zippy & Me

image

Yesterday, Saturday April 6, I was privileged to interview Bill Griffith, longtime weirdo and creator of Zippy the Pinhead (along with so many other great comics) at the MOCCA Fest in NYC. Here's Bill at the Fantagraphics table at MOCCA, showing off the newest Zippy collection, now available thru the link at the sidebar here.

And here we are onstage. (Photo by Phil Merkel.)

image
Posted By: Paul | Date: Sun Apr 07, 2013 | Number of Comments: 8
Category: Conventions, Cult Figures and Artifacts, Comics, Surrealism, Books
More weirdness from the WU archive:
Comments
Listed in chronological order. Newest comments at the end.
Zippy-de-do-dah tongue rolleye

I do remember the cartoon but I no longer read it as it's not carried anymore by most. Definitely good for it's genre.
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 04/07/13 at 02:22 PM
GO HERE FOR ZIPPY STRIPS DAILY, BD!

Posted by Paul on 04/07/13 at 02:37 PM
Thanks Paul. I think Zippy still prefers his Asian food with MSG. It gives it that bite and 'zip' it's now missing grin
Posted by BrokeDad in Midwest US on 04/07/13 at 02:53 PM
Nice picture Paul. Every now and again I get reminded that I have been so lucky to get to know such a well know and famous fella!
Posted by patty in Ohio, USA on 04/07/13 at 04:30 PM
Likewise, Patty!
Posted by Paul on 04/07/13 at 05:04 PM
Great to know that Griffiths is still extant! I want him to autograph my Hello Kitty pillow.
Posted by Harvey on 04/07/13 at 05:43 PM
I've enjoyed Zippy since his debut in the S.F. Chronicle, oh, so many moons ago. But I'd never seen a picture of the author until now. Why do I get the impression that Griffith and Joe Biden were separated at birth?
Posted by KDP in Madill, OK on 04/08/13 at 08:25 AM
Bill Griffiths is a genius, I'm jealous that you got to meet him. The nearest I've come is getting my Zippy annual signed, but I had to send it to him to do that. Zippy is one of the best web graphic novels ever!

All 9 annuals are on sale at the minute by the way, head over to Bill's site and have a look.
Posted by Butch Adamson in UK on 04/13/13 at 07:18 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Custom Search